Monday 7 April 2014

Serendipity?

Hello Possums,

I'm still on the Embroidery project......stitch stitch stitch......
Onto the third bird now...




I was in Sydney for a friend's 30th last week and managed to see a great show at Janet Clayton Gallery on Danks Street. It was all Embroidery! 
Here are a couple of my favourites. 
You can see more on the website.

Michael Esson
more Michael Esson
and more Michael Esson (this was my favourite!)
Joy Ivill

Sometimes when I'm working on a project magical things happen like walking into an exhibition with the same themes I'm thinking about or even reading a novel and something of the same nature pops up. It always feels a bit serendipitous, like I'm on the right path. A little eerie or creepy sometimes too....especially with the novels, you never see it coming! 


I've had a little time to play with some etching plates too.
Floating Sea tulips and Seaweed. Not sure where these babies are going yet....
We'll see!

hot off the press!


AND.....
If you're in the area this Saturday, there's a Market Day at The Rivermouth General Store in Tomakin from 8am.
I'll be selling prints and drinking coffees so come and say hello! 
There'll also be a massage tent, jewellery, plants, candles, clothes and more. Not to mention the yummy food from the cafe.  
Here's a couple of pics from last months market. 

ready to go....ice cream anyone?!

i love my Dowry pants!!
The Rivermouth General Store, Tomakin,  prints on the wall!

Sometimes Procrastination can be good! I've been putting off a good clean in the studio for a few weeks....mmmm.....months.... and decided to get down to business today. 
Oh Lordy it feels GOOD!!! Fresh clean slate. 

my critics...


studio

SO, I better get busy! 

Oh! And i've entered the Yen Young Australian Art Award.
Vote for me here pretty please!


J
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment